Monday, November 24, 2008

Letting go of anchors to the past

Yeah, that stack of filing has been over there for what feels like months (and it truly has been months!). It is still there and I look at it day after day.

Likewise, I stumble across a picture of an old friend, a letter from a past lover, or a gift that makes my heart twinge each time I look at it. These things fill my head and heartspace with old hurts and unfulfilled desires. And so it is with every blessing I make through the healing process of love and forgiveness, I remove old ties and empty my playing field for a new beginning. As for the filing? Like my willingness to let go of old wounds, it awaits the day when I finally say ENOUGH and I'm ready to make room for tomorrow.

"All of the great achievers of the past have been visionary figures; they were men and women who projected into the future. They thought of what could be, rather than what already was, and then they moved themselves into action, to bring these things into fruition."

Have you done your filing or cleaned out your closets lately?

No comments: